Interested in running for local office?
MARCH 16th is the LAST DAY to obtain NOMINATION PAPERS in order to appear on the local election ballot!! We will be open until 5PM for parties interested in pulling papers! Any questions call 978-768-7111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are the offices that will appear on the ballot. The parties listed have pulled nomination papers. The names with the asterisks (*) have returned their papers and have qualified to appear on the ballot!
One Assessor for three years.
- Michael Cataldo, Rocky Hill Road (February 3, 2017)
- Stephen Poulos, Eastern Avenue (March 9, 2017)
One Moderator for one year.
- Rolf Madsen, Pond Street (February 16, 2017)
One Selectman for three years.
- Andrew Spinney*, Lufkin Street (February 21, 2017)
- Jeffrey Jones*, Choate Street (February 23, 2017)
One Board of Health member for three years.
- Dr. David Driscoll, Western Avenue (March 6, 2017)
Two Constables for one year.
- Raymond Greene, Story Street (February 23, 2017)
- Robert P. Bradley, Liberty Road (March 7, 2017)
One School Committee member for three years.
- Rachel Fitzgibbon, Main Street (January 30, 2017)
- Alva Ingaharro*, Martin Street (February 6, 2017)
One Board of Library Trustee for three years.
- Diane Kotch*, Belcher Street (February 7, 2017)
One Planning Board members for five years.
- Matthew Greco*, Pickering Street (March 9, 2017)
One Housing Authority member for five years.
- Gregory Cooper, Essex Reach (February 14, 2017)
For more information, dates and deadlines, review the complete candidate package here.
2017 PARKING STICKERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
Conomo Point, Chebacco Lake, the Town Landing, Car with Boat Trailer parking at the Municipal Parking Lot as well as the end of Island Road and Water Street are STICKER PARKING ONLY.
Resident Parking Stickers are $5 each or $1 if you are 65+. You must provide a copy of your vehicle registration that shows the vehicle as being registered to an Essex address to qualify. If you have a lease or corporate owned car please provide a utility bill or something of the sort in your name to confirm residence.
Please note that valid Transfer Station stickers may also be used as Resident Parking Stickers.
Resident Parking Stickers may be purchased in person at Town Hall, M-Th from 7:30am-3:30pm, by mail by including a copy of the vehicle's registration/payment or online at epay.cityhallsystems.com.
WINTER PARKING BAN REMINDER!!
No on-street parking from midnight-dawn from Dec 1st-April 1st, with the only exception being the easterly side of Pickering Street.
Please make sure any guests are also aware of this policy, and be mindful visiting other small towns as they may have a similar policy!
DANG!! Didn't make it to Town Hall?? Pay online!!
Birth Certificate | Boat Excise Tax | Death Certificate | Motor Vehicle Excise | Marriage Certificate | Personal Property | Parking Ticket | Real Estate | Resident Stickers | Transfer Station | Water / Sewer
The Town of Essex Clerk’s office, being a gateway into the community, has a goal to provide exceptional service to the public. The Town Clerk serves as guardian to vital records (births, marriages and deaths) occurring in the Town as well as valuable municipal records.
The Town Clerk is responsible for overseeing and maintaining accurate systems for the duties set forth in the Town Bylaws, Massachusetts General Laws and any other tasks assigned to this office that assist in continuing the smooth operation and furthering the beautification, safety and vitality of this community.
Other duties of this office include:
- Planning and posting Town Meetings, management, recording minutes and sending Bylaw changes to the Attorney Generals office for review and approval.
- All public meeting notices, postings and agendas of local boards and committees.
- Essex Shellfish Licenses (Clams, Sea Worms and Eels).
-Issuance and maintenance of records for Business Certificates (necessary for businesses operating in town under a d/b/a).
- Dog license registration.
-Maintenance of Voter Lists and Registrations.
-Planning and managing elections and certifying poll results.
-Maintenance of Census files.
-Administration and records of oaths of office to town officials.
- The Town Clerk also serves as that Parking Clerk and handles the processing and appeals of all violations.
- Processing and appeal of non-criminal dispositions (bylaw and other civil violations).
We welcome you to contact our office or stop in for further information.