RULES & REGULATIONS FOR THE USE OF THE TOWN LANDING
Section I. Parking
- All parked vehicles must display a valid sticker (resident or transfer station).
- Parking is allowed only in designated spaces.
- Designated spaces are reserved for resident vehicles with trailers attached only.
- No boats or trailers are to be left at the ramp unattached from the towing vehicle.
- Overflow trailer parking is allowed behind the fire station as follows: resident sticker trailer parking in paved municipal lot and non-resident trailer parking behind tennis courts only.
- No vehicles with boat trailers are to park along Main Street.
- Violators of the above parking regulations are subject to a one hundred ($100.00) parking fine or towing of the vehicle at the owner’s expense.
Section II. Boat Launching
- The driver of any vehicle which is required to trailer-launch or otherwise assist in the launch of a boat or other watercraft at the Town Landing shall pay a launch fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) to the Town’s Assistant Harbormaster in charge of the boat ramp (when said Assistant Harbormaster is present) or to an alternate individual or location if and when said alternate is clearly posted via signage adjacent to the ramp.
- The launching of any boat via a vehicle displaying a valid Town Transfer Station Sticker or Town Resident Sticker shall be exempt from the assessment of the launch fee.
- The Assistant Harbormaster in charge of the boat ramp shall provide every individual paying a fee with an official, numbered receipt from the Town of Essex. Other arrangements for receipts may be made if fees are charged when said Assistant Harbormaster is not present.
ESSEX BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Promulgated: July 2, 2001, Revised: March 4, 2002 (launch fee), August 11, 2014 (fine and overflow), December 7, 2015 (reduced fine)