5.0 Safety Equipment and Clothing
· Seat belts shall be worn when operating or riding in town vehicles.
· Safety shoes or good work boots shall be worn at all times.
· Safety glasses or full face shields shall be worn when using grinders, torches, pipe cutters, cleaning tools, jackhammers, stump chippers or any tool or device which may produce chips or flying particles. Safety glasses shall be equipped with wide shields.
· Hearing protection shall be worn in designated areas or around designated equipment.
· Safety helmets shall be worn in all trenches over five feet deep, around all overhead equipment, or where work is being performed overhead. If there is a possibility of a head injury, wear a hard hat.
· Shorts and sneakers are prohibited.
· Work gloves shall be used as required.