Mission: The Mission of the Essex Council on Aging is to enhance and promote the quality of life for adults 60 and older in the community of Essex.
We achieve our mission by:
- Providing an inclusive environment where all individuals can socialize, build relationships, and receive information.
- Collaborating with community partners to identify unmet needs.
- Developing programs and services that promote well-being and maintain independence.
- Educating the community on the needs of our seniors and their support networks.
- Treating those we serve with respect and dignity, and involving their input and ideas in COA activities and programs.
- Promoting aging in place with the help and support of the local community.
Vision: Our vision is to provide a comfortable and welcoming environment, both in our senior center and through our outreach efforts. We strive to understand, embrace, and celebrate aging as an essential, lifelong aspect of humanity.
Values: Respect, Inclusivity, Independence, Collaboration, Initiative, Integrity, Dignity, Diversity, Self-Determination, Advocacy, Compassion, Excellence
The Best way to keep informed about activities at the center, and issues facing older adults in Essex (such as Medicare, Social Security, etc) is to get our newsletter! If you are not currently recieving this, and would like to, please contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you would like a digital or paper copy, and provide us the appropriate mailing address. Thank you!