COMING SOON: We hope to be offer on-line building permit application services in the coming few months! Please check back here for updates.
- Building Permit Applications must be submitted to Building Inspectors in person. Applications left on desk or mailed will be returned to sender and rejected.
- No matter the age of a property, all Building Permit applications for the demolition of a building must be reviewed the Historical Commission.
- All Commercial Building Plans must be reviewed by both the Plumbing Inspector and the Electrical Inspector. Building permit applications for Commercial Buildings are available at the office only.
- If you believe your project is going to require zoning relief, you must contact the Building Department first.
- Inspections: Please call 978-768-2514 before 9:00 a.m. on Friday and the Building Inspector or the Assistant Building Inspector will arrive for the inspection either the following Friday Afternoon or Saturday morning. Inspections may also be requested by email. Please plan accordingly.