Do I need to file with the Conservation Commission?

If you are planning ANY WORK with the exception of painting or residing, within:

  • 100 ft. of a wetland, swamp, lake, pond, bog, salt marsh, beach, wet meadow, dune or flat;
  • 200 ft. of the banks of any stream, river, brook or estuary;
  • 100 ft. of any seawall;
  • any floodplain, flood zone, or land below elevation 11 ft. above Mean Sea Level; OR
  • a barrier beach or coastal beach;

you may be required to file a Notice of Intent. Even minor projects in the areas listed above may require the filing of a Request for Determination of Applicability. Please contact the Administrative Clerk to set up an appointment with the Agent to review your project before you begin any work.