Energy Savings and Fuel Assistance
There are numerous programs designed to help reduce energy costs, and provide financial assistance during winter months.
- Fuel Assistance, Weatherization, and Applicance Replacements - provided to eligible Essex Residents by Action, Inc. Agencies providing Fuel Assistance to other communities can be found here.
- National Grid Discounted Electricity Rate. Families with incomes below 60% of the State median income, may be eligible for discounted gas and electric rates. Applications are available at the Senior Center
- Mass Save is a collaborative of Massachusetts' natural gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers. Information on in home assessment, rebates, weatherization and more can be found here.
Housing Options and Resources
Information about various programs available to homeowners and renters, such as Circuit Breaker Tax Credit, Property Tax Exemptions, Home Safety Guidelines, Subsidized Housing Information
- AARP Home Fit Program
- Circuit Breaker Tax Credit
- Home Modification Loan
- Property Exemption: Blind
- Property Exemption: Qualified Seniors
- Property Exemption: Seniors
- Property Exemption: Veterans
Health Insurance Resources
The SHINE Program (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone) provides free health insurance information, counseling, and assistance to all Massachusetts residents with Medicare. Kristin Crockett is a SHINE Counselor and available by appointment to assist you with your health insurance questions.