The SHINE Program is administered by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs in partnership with elder service agencies, councils on aging or public and private community-based organizations. Certified SHINE counselors help people navigate the complex Medicare insurance system. Kristin Crockett is the SHINE Counselor for Essex. She is available to assist Essex residents with thier Medicare Questions, Open Enrollment, Applications, etc.
Medicare Annual Open Enrollment is October 15 through December 7, 2019. Please call to make an appointment. 978-768-7932
SHINE counselors are trained and certified volunteers in the various health insurance options available to Medicare beneficiaries of all ages living in Massachusetts including:
• Medicare Part A and Part B.
• Medicare Advantage Plans.
• Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D plans or PDP).
• Medicare Supplement (medigap) Plans.
• Prescription Advantage (the state prescription drug assistance program).
• MassHealth Medicare Saving Programs.
• Other programs and resources that help pay for health care costs.
SHINE counselors can:
• Find their way through the complex Medicare health insurance system.
• Explain Medicare options and how Medicare works.
• Help compare costs and benefits.
• Explain the enrollment process for Medicare related plans.
• Help people apply for Extra Help with their Medicare prescription drug costs.
• Help people apply for Medicare Savings Programs that help pay Medicare premiums.
This program is no cost to Massachusetts residents with Medicare or who are about to enroll in Medicare or their families.
To schedule an appointment, please call the Essex Senior Center at 978-768-7932. To ensure we can assist you, please be sure to complete a SHINE form and bring it with you. Forms can be downloaded here, or can be picked up at the Essex Senior Center.
Additional Medicare Resources can be found here.