2022 Town Meeting and Election Calendar
|EVENT||LOCATION||VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE|
|September 6 State Primary Election||Public Safety Building, 11 John Wise Ave, 7am-8pm||August 27|
|November 8 State Election||Public Safety Building, 11 John Wise Ave, 7am-8pm||October 22|
|November 14 Fall Town Meeting|
EES Gym, 12 Story St, 7:30pm
Please refer to the Voting Information page for information on 2022 vote by mail and early voting options as approved in the 2022 Votes Act.
Please see the Town Meeting and Election Resource pages for warrants, minutes, specimen ballots and election results..
The Town Clerk's office is thrilled with our new voting location in the training room at the new Public Safety Building. Please park in the main lot (if facing building - parking is on the left hand side of building) and enter through the front entrance to vote.
The Town of Essex Clerk’s office, being a gateway into the community, has a goal to provide exceptional service to the public. The Town Clerk serves as guardian to vital records (births, marriages and deaths) occurring in the Town as well as valuable municipal records.
The Town Clerk is responsible for overseeing and maintaining accurate systems for the duties set forth in the Town Bylaws, Massachusetts General Laws and any other tasks assigned to this office that assist in continuing the smooth operation and furthering the beautification, safety and vitality of this community.
Other duties of this Office include:
- Planning and posting Town Meetings, management, recording minutes and sending Bylaw changes to the Attorney Generals office for review and approval.
- All public meeting notices, postings and agendas of local boards and committees.
- Essex Shellfish Licenses (Clams, Sea Worms and Eels).
- Issuance and maintenance of records for Business Certificates (necessary for businesses operating in town under a d/b/a).
- Dog license registration.
- Maintenance of Voter Lists and Registrations.
- Planning and managing elections and certifying poll results.
- Maintenance of Census files.
- Administration and records of oaths of office to town officials.
- The Town Clerk also serves as that Parking Clerk and handles the processing and appeals of all violations.
- Processing and appeal of non-criminal dispositions (bylaw and other civil violations).